Monday, October 24, 2005

Eyebrow embroidery (aka 绣眉)

I went for my monthly facial today and did eyebrow embroidery (aka 绣眉) as well~ I'm someone who is super afraid of needles/injections and the whole process is such a torture coz I'm afraid of the pain. Actually, it doesn't hurt at all coz of the huge amount of anaesthetic she put on for me but becoz I got this fear for needles, so I felt really uncomfortable... I mean, being conscious, I can hear the needle pricking my skin when she continuously stick it into my eyebrows area~ She ask me whether I wanna hold a mirror while she do it. Luckily, I said NO, so I can't see the process. Else I think I'll be crying...

The anaesthetic is wearing off slowly now and it's starting to hurt a little~ ='( The eyebrows are still bleeding slightly... sigh~

I think I look like Crayon Shin-chan (La Bi Xiao Xin) now!! LoL~! coz the colour is currently very dark, making me look really fierce... I was told by the beautician tat after a week, it'll look very natural after the initial peeling. I certainly hope so, coz I dun wanna look like Xiao Xing for long~ ;P

I decided to go do this eyebrow embroidery thing coz I have a visible scar on my right eyebrow... I got the scar when I was in K2. I was riding my bicycle when my fren came towards me in the opp direction really fast. In order to avoid hitting him, I swerved and fall towards the letterboxes, cutting myself above my right eye in tat accident.

That scar on my brow makes drawing the eyebrow a huge challenge every time I put on makeup. So after I got my pay, under the influence of my beautician's constant persuasion, I decided to "fill up the hole" in my brow. Cost me $199!! I hope it'll really look natural~ From the look of my mum's eyebrows and all her friends who did it, they all look alright~ But none of my own friends did it before, so I'm still quite worried now... =X

It's supposed to last for like 3-5 yrs... Fading slowly till it's gone. Not something permanent like tattoo, but still lasting in a way.

Guess this whole week, I'll fret over the look of my eyebrows every morning...

No comments: