Tuesday, January 17, 2006

A meaningful quote


Never continue in a job you don't enjoy.
If you're happy in what you're doing,
you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace.
And if you have that, along with physical health,
you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined.
         -- Johnny Carson


From this quote, I realised I'm quite a failure in my own life eh...
1st - I dun really like my job... therefore I dun have inner peace... I guess tat's why I feel frustrated and angry at myself everyday?!?!

2nd - I'm not very healthy now... or rather, feeling downright weak...

DAMN~! Everything is juz going wrong for me!!!

1 comment:

alan said...

Pardon a stranger for intruding, I followed you "home" while bloghopping...

10 years ago, at 40 I read something that changed my life. In her autobiography Hedy Lamarr (a Hollywood actress from Europe from the late 30's through the 50's who walked away from it all) spoke of all the years she had spent in therapy, and all the money she had spent trying to find out why she wasn't happy.

She (I'm paraphrasing her) said that we all expect to be happy all the time, commercials, movies, everything leads us to believe we should be. She said that the truth is that life is the pendulum on an old clock, swinging back and forth between happy and sad, and it's going to spend an equal amount of time both places, never stopping in the middle! No matter how far it swings one direction, it's going to swing just as far the other...

Suddenly my own life made a lot more sense, and I wished dearly that I had read that when I was about 15!

Once again, pardon my intrusion, and it's nice to meet you!

alan