Monday, February 14, 2005

First Car Crash...

I'm in a terrible mood...

i crashed my dad's car on the way back to SG yesterday. lack of experience, yet i was driving way too fast for my own good and tailgating. the car is badly damaged, at least in my eyes, coz the front crumpled like a smashed tin can BUT my dad din scold me AT ALL... Even mum told me it's ok coz nobody's hurt. Dad even called me from Pagoh polive station and tell me "everything is fine, dun think so much, get some rest, he'll settle everything". And tat makes it worse! harder for me to bear the guilt and stuff...

i know it's my fault. i hate myself and i'm afraid of driving now. =(

it took Dad 12 hours to get everything done. Tow car from North-South highway to police station, make police report, tow back to SG, file with insurance company and travel home. we reached SG 1st coz dad asked his fren who's on his way back to JB from Melaka to pick us up from the expressway (the accident happened just after Pagoh exit) and send us to JB. he asked my 3rd Uncle to go to JB and pick us up, and send us back to SG. He reached home at 530am this morning. I stayed up, but i dun dare to face him, so i stayed in my room even though i heard him open the door.

then i went to sleep. and wake up to work at X-Square at 830am. worked the whole day, then went to catch a movie - Shall We Dance, and then came home straight. coz i think the least i can do is to stay home more often now. the movie is lovely and brightens me up a little, but i'm still feeling quite lost. quite shaken by the whole experience.

i'll forever remember 12th Feb 2005 - my first car crash...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember my first crash too. Happened in Perth. The whole car flipped upside down. It definitely was memorable and my friend insisted that I take some photos as a rememberance. Lucky nothing serious happened to us. Eventually I still picked up that courage to drive... Its tough in the beginning, but every thing that happened out there is for a reason. Hope you know what you learnt. Be glad that your family has been very supportive... ;)