Saturday, August 06, 2005

Simple Joys

i haven't been crying for some time. Learning to be strong? Actually I'm juz getting by, picking myself up slowly... All in all, i'm doing fine since the incident almost 2 months back now...

Last nite, tears flow for a fren coz i feel really sad tat he's not happy with his life now. I dunno why but i feel deeply for him for the situation tat he's stuck in. i juz hope he will be happy. I hope all my frens will be happy and healthy! So all my dear frens, learn to smile and appreciate life... =)

Embrace the simple joys of juz opening ur eyes to the beautiful morning and a bright new day~ snuggle in bed for a while and enjoy the warmth of your bed and quilt, or better still, the warmth of ur beloved in your arms... It's your choice to be happy everyday! *smiLez*

Like today~ i indulged in a simple breakfast fare with my mum - coffee, bread and eggs (sunny-side-ups done to perfection by mummy), talking abt what happened to me recently at work, at school and my feelings, sharing my troubles, worries and happy or funny stuff that happened... She talked abt hers as well~ it makes us understand each other on a deeper level. Although it's sad to say tat all this sharing comes only after something happened to me, but i'm glad finally we're starting to talk and share... I'm sorry to make her worried, but part of me is glad tat the incident made us closer and we pay more attention to each other now. juz plain chit chatting with my family brightens my day... in the end, my brothers joined us as well. We talked, joked and ask about each other more~ =)

I spent my day lying in bed with a cup of hot tea by my bedside, reading a romance novel and listening to music while my youngest brother planted himself in front of the computer playing his online game - Maple Story... occassionally, he'll exclaim to me abt the game when he gets some "freebies" (or issit weapons?). Or he's yak abt his frens in school and the stupid things they did. recently he subtly asked me, "why do pple have infatuations?" LoL~ tat's part of him growing up... afterall, he's only 13-yr-old~!

usually the computer is out of access for him when i'm home, but weekends, i try to let him use it for gaming since he's in school on weekdays. And he's sick this weekend, quite poor thing, so i gotta try and make him feel better... A compromise between siblings~ afterall, i still love him dearly even though he's such a pest sometimes!

All these little little things are juz some simple joys... there are lots more that will make me happy as long as I learn to embrace it and be contented~

Learn to take a break from work sometimes as well (this comment is really targeted at one particular gal-fren whom i care for, but dun see enuff of! you know who you are, you workaholic!)

No comments: