Monday, March 21, 2005

long overdued update on my birthday

it's abt time i start updating again~ haa...

finally i'm done with my International Management project, at least my part is done~ but will still have to go down to Rolls Royce office for the short visit tmr~ damn!

wanna talk abt how i spent my birthday coz afterall, it's MY SPECIAL DAY~ haa...

had a great dinner with WT on the eve of my birthday. he brought me to a really nice place with superb ambience~ and it's none other than The Cliff @ Sentosa Beaufort Hotel. The rating is 91/100 by asiacuisine with FULL MARKS for ambience... and yes, i agree totally with the full marks.

i get this sense of peace the moment i walked into the restaurant. i felt like a little princess. like i'm really special. The restaurant’s interior, decked with an amalgam of glass, light, stone and water, with sounds of crashing waves, and my fav. candlelight... i get this sense of joy recently juz staring at the flame of a candle. perhaps it's the romantic settings, or juz the mood tat nite, or the company? i juz keep thinking of the special joy i felt then, esp. recently where i'm feeling quite dreadful becoz of my projects.

i have this huge lavender candle tat Xavier gave me as a gift which i will light every nite before i sleep, getting tat odd sense of peace before sleeping... haa...

anyway, i'm touched by the fact tat a little joke abt candlelight dinner together over MSN and he made the effort to arrange everything and make it special for me.

On the actual day, i spent the huge part of the day rushing from place to place~ it's juz crazy~ but i was in the happy mood, so... everything's fine. wasted quite a bit of money coz i took cab wherever i went. being really stingy, i seldom waste money on cab fare these days but i juz wanna pamper myself tat day. haha! and I bought myself a new phone! muahaha... so happy!

happiest thing is, after a long long time (perhaps more than a year already), i finally got ALLl my family members to sit down together and have a nice dinner TOGETHER! seriously, i dunno why, but i was really happy... coz we almost never sit down and have dinner for the longest time. every time, it's at least 2 person not ard, either busy with work, or out doing their own things~ but this time, i got ALL oF THEM to sit down together and have birthday dinner with me! i guess it matters a lot to me! *triumphz*

went to my best fren, Amy's restaurant @ Sunset Way, coz i promised her tat i'll bring my family there. plus, i really miss the chilli crab there.. hehz~ ordered a lot of food, total 7 dishes inclusive of my craving - Chilli Crab and Yam Paste~ hahaa... Amy did the sweetest thing tat nite which totally surprised me and made me wanna cry. she bought me a cake without me knowing! i was really touched, considering it's really a last min thing tat she did juz to make me happy... i was grinning from ear to ear~! the fact tat my family members totally LOVE the cake, coz it's really delicious~ (it's from NYDC!) make me wanna hug Amy and KISS HER! hahaha... bet she din know, but it really means a lot to me... Amy dear, if you happen to read this, THANK YOU!! and thank you for the huge discount as well... lol!

after tat 2 very special days, it's TRIMOND's day~ haha... it means Tricia + Desmond! my dear god-bro! 9 yrs already! gosh~ you're getting OLD... on the 18th March 2005, we celebrate our 9th year of sister/brotherhood... he can't decide which one, coz i can be quite boy and he can be quite girl? lolx~

went shopping together for my birthday gift~ *gRinZ* wanted to get a set of bikini initially, but i can't find anything tat i absolutely love to have... so in the end, he suggested getting other stuff instead since i wanna get concealer and blusher. And so, we made our way to MAC counter at Tangs and got my concealer and blusher~ hahaha... and my dumbo bro gotta say, "din know something tat gals put on the face to look like monkey's ass can be so costly"~ sLAP YOUR FACE AR! we makeup so pretty also becoz let you guys see k~ ermz actually, no, it's for myself to feel more confident abt myself sometimes... but still.... arrgghh~ hahaha...

I love him to bits~ sibling kinda love of coz... we went to Modestos to have dinner and it was fabulous as well. i guessed it's becoz the company was great. We had fun snapping photos of each other coz i juz got a camera phone. =P i know i'm a bit slow when it comes to gadgets, mobile phones and such, but i'm still excited over my new phone... *bleahz* i made him sit still and let my try my phone out~ it's so funny!

after dinner we went to Riviera to have some drinks... i kinda dread walking in at first, coz i was working there as PR before and now i'm gng back as customer. i feel weird and uncomfortable. But after i sit down, everything was juz fun! The regulars there still recognise me and came over to chat, bought me drinks and time passed so quickly!

although i dun miss clubbing, but the feeling of immersing in the music (or is it noise?), drinks and endless chatters is SO SO GOOD (like an addiction cured?), and really helps me de-stress. there was this crazy guy who was toasting everyone tequila shots coz he had a bottle. And i end up downing 7 shots tat nite. all in all, everything is juz fun~

i was dead-beaten by the time i reached home coz i'm used to tucking in early these days - alright ard 12mn, i sleep, consider early right? sat and sun was a drag coz i was doing project work and never step outta the house~ and since i juz finished my work and i can't get to sleep coz i'm feeling so tensed, i decided to update.

i took this from my fren, Eric/Kai's blog... super meaningful...

Quote of the day :
No one feels another's grief, no one understands another's joy. People imagine they can reach one another. In reality, they only pass each other by...

will you be juz a passerby?

No comments: