Saturday, June 02, 2007

African Violets


African violets, also known as Saintpaulias, are among the most well-known house plants in the world. Plants are attractive and grow in a variety of sizes and shapes, from miniature of a few inches high to trailing forms that drape from pots. The flowers of African violets are most appealing. Colours range from single shades of white, red, pink, blue, deep purple and wine to striking combinations. Foliage is lush and multi-shaped in various shades of green. African violets grow well in the temperate region but they also thrive well in the tropics provided the five basic needs, (ie. steady warmth, careful watering, good lighting, high air humidity and regular feeding) are taken care of. There should be no difficulty in producing several flushes of flowers each year.

Source: http://www.gardentech.com.sg/article_african_violets.asp


My new plant! *pic sucks coz taken with my lousy phone*


Rick juz gave me a pot of purple African Violet~ or rather we went to shop for it together because I wanted to buy a pot of SOMETHING to put in my office... Like a new toy!! I've bought beans as well as flowers (for myself) to brighten my personal space in office, but I realised they died off quite fast, say ard a week...

I hope a pot of plant should last a little longer if I take care of it! Hope I have green fingers and dun kill my plant ba~ LoL! So excited!! *griNz*