Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Final Checkup OVER

went swimming with EL @ Jurong East Swimming Complex this morning~ i'm feeling super tired actually, but i wanna catch the sun for some sunbathing, so i forced myself to wake up and go to the pool... EL obliged and accompanied me. haha~ poor him.. coz he's tired too. we stayed up chatting till almost dawn. we reached the pool @ 11am! tat's pretty early for me. swam like only 4 laps then i'm bored alr. Juz lie there and suntan for like 2 hrs.. saw my sec sch mate, Yiqiang there. wat a coincidence~

i'm pretty tan now! heez... went over to his place to fix his computer for him~ or rather juz install some anti-virus programs for him coz he's quite an IT idiot? LoL~ din managed to help him fixed much, but found out his comp is flooded with spywares and adwares... LIKE MINE NOW! sigh~!

then he sent me to Alexandra Hospital for my follow-up health checkup which is at 330pm. On the way there, i was feeling so so moody. Coz the place brings back BAD memories i guessed. And i'm worried tat they might prick me with needles again... =P

Luckily they didn't.. But i was informed tat i have this thing call "alpha thalassemia trait"

What is alpha thalassemia?
Thalassemia is an inherited disorder that affects the production of normal hemoglobin (a type of protein in red blood cells that carries oxygen to the tissues of the body). Thalassemia includes a number of different forms of anemia. The severity and type of anemia depends upon the number of genes that are affected.

As if i really understand?!?!?! actually, it's juz a form of low blood count tat i inherited... LoL! but one interesting finding - if i married someone with this trait as well, our kids will have 25% of having a serious case of low blood count. So next time, have to ask the guy i'm dating whether he has this trait, if have, then NEXT! j/k...

And then i found out i have 57mg/ml of Paracetamol aka acetaminophen in my blood! it's supposed to be a lot... the doctor told me tat explains the gastric problems i'm having now. coz the body takes time to clear itself of this crap... basically, the gastric pain is killing me slowly everyday, making me lose my usual gigantic appetite, seeping away my energy! hmpfff! :/

So still, no extreme food for me... not too spicy, not too hot, not too cold, not too full, cannot dun eat, blah blah blah~ duhz! stupid "advice"... But i self-declare, no alcohol for me! muahahahaa~ like real eh? my buddy, Icedoom will say this - ya right! when pigs do synchronised swimming, Tricia will quit drinking...

I'm feelin much better now after the checkup and i'm officially discharged... might sound weird, but i guessed, after this final checkup, it's time to close tat chapter of my life and move on. tat's why i felt much better when i walked out of the building. Everyone goes thru bad phrases or have bad experiences at one point in their life. This is it for me... But I strongly believe life will get better for me. *smiLez*

after the checkup, we went for lunch @ Ngee Ann Poly. Down the memory lane for him. tat's where he's studying formerly. passed by my sch - SIM and get reminded tat i have journals due very soon, but yet to be finished and sch is reopening in a week's time... not exactly a nice thought. sigh~

Came home after the checkup and been trying to troubleshoot my computer since... it's infected (YET AGAIN! DAMN!!) with virus again. keeps sending URLs to my MSN contacts and i cannot stop it. my AVG din picked up any threats, but it's still not fixed, coz it still sending pple URLs so i think AVG is inadequate. iaN recommended Norton and send me the link to d/l the trialware. it picked up 34 infected files and 18 at risk files. NOW i know, Norton is still the best... luckily he's gonna pass me his Norton soon.

Icedoom is disappointed coz i promised to go Eski Bar tonite, but in the end, also tua him. Had plans to go to Zouk tonite as well, but till now, i still dun have the mood... so most prob i'll give it a miss ba~ my frens there are gonna be pissed... hahaha! But heck, i can't drink, go there for wat?!?! kill time? but i'm quite sick of Zouk eh... last week i'm also there... see how it goes later ba!

No comments: