Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Virus Attack - Win32/Hidrag.A

i was vexed for 2 whole days (yesterday and today) becoz my comp is corrupted by VIRUS! (wat a horrible word!) yesterday, i installed the AVG anti-virus program by Grisoft and it detected tat my computer is infected with Win32/Hidrag.A and so i tried very hard to remove the virus but was not able to. Tried reading thru all the forums but can't seem to find any relevant help~ which is very very frustrating! ;(

Then i thot, maybe i juz restart and see how~ AND F*** Up thing is, i got startup problem coz AVG screwed up my system and i cannot startup my computer~ Aarrggghhh! nvm, cool... i go into safe mode and tried to uninstall AVG, guess wat~ the stupid virus corrupted the uninstallation exe program of AVG and i CANNOT UNINSTALL... wat luck?!?!

so there i was, cannot restart coz AVG is problematic and my computer have a virus tat corrupt EVERY *.exe file... thus i can't uninstall AVG also! STUPID COMPUTER! But i cannot live without one. And so, i felt so darn miserable.

Restarted it using system restore and decide to leave it till i find a solution. got really pissed when i realised my Media Player ain't working as the exe file cannot be initialize becoz it is corrupted. i gave up trying to find a solution and decide tat i'll have to reformat my comp.

reaching tat disheartening conclusion, i went out to meet Celia. Was supposed to meet her 830pm @ Holland Drive tat XO Fish Soup Noodle place but i was late, coz i was waiting for my dad's car. My dad came back late~ and then i gotta meet with ALL (yes! ALL!) the traffic lights on the way there... seriously, it's juz BAD LUCK! so, Celia waited for 40min b4 i reached... Sorry gal! Celia din scold me~ phew!

after dinner, we went to Coffee Bean to chill. Initially, the plan is to go Wala-Wala for drinks, but becoz of Ant, we switched location and go Coffee Bean instead. They have their conflicts and differences and i'm good friends with both of them. so sometimes, i gotta be tactful... Ant was at Wala, so i thot might be a better idea if we switch location since we can have our catching up session anywhere. Us gals were having a great time chatting when Ant showed up at Coffee Bean with his god-sis Claudia. Immediately, i can feel the uneasiness sets in. Sianz! wat was a great outing in the beginning juz become something different. sigh~! after like 45min, Celia and I decided to call it a nite and go home. So i say my goodbyes to my buddy and send Celia home. I love this kinda female bonding sessions. haha~

When i reached home, i see my comp again and become vexed once again~ was chatting online when i remembered Celia's bf fixed computers for pple and actually made arrangements for him to come and reformat my computer for me tonite. i spent the whole day backing up my data, which is a chore! Then, iaN reached home and sent me a link tat help me fixed all my problems - eTrust EZ Anti-Virus! heh heh~ =D steady right! so all my worries were gone becoz of eTrust...

and now i can blog coz i'm so glad my computer's alright and AIDS FREE! might write abt wat happened to me during the past few days when i'm in the mood~ haha!

i got International Finance lecture tonite... WAT A DRAG!

No comments: